It is a tool that helps interested subjects to identify the physical and / or environmental characteristics, as well as the different legal instruments that apply to a given space where it is intended to build an environmental impact project.
The objective of the Information System in question is to allow access to the general public (Citizens, Promoters, Consultants, NGOs, Universities, different Government Levels) to SIGEIA, so that users can have a panorama of the location of your project within the environmental context with respect to environmental planning instruments, providing cartographic information and spatial analysis.
Now, by using this Information System, benefits such as:
• Ease of generating spatial analysis (Quantification of the project surface that affects each of the different environmental planning instruments).
• Preparation of various maps easily and quickly, regarding the location of the project with each of the environmental planning instruments.
• Identification of restrictions or limitations to develop your project and that may be the cause of a refusal by the authority.
• Corroboration of the coordinates that the promoters obtain for their project and that they also include in the Environmental Impact Manifestation (MIA) studies, obtaining certainty regarding the correct location of the project.
In addition, through the Information System in question it will be possible to know if the site where the project will be developed, subject to an environmental impact assessment, is totally or partially within an area of environmental importance, such as:
• Natural Protected Areas (Federal, State and Municipal),
• Priority regions (Terrestrial, Hydrological and Marine),
• Ecological Zoning (Regional, Local and Marine),
• Use of land and vegetation, and
• Others (Ramsar Sites, AICAS, UMAS and mangroves)
By virtue of the foregoing, it is recommended that, if you are interested in developing a project subject to an environmental impact assessment, you take legal advice, for which the BRIFFAULT ABOGADOS, SC team is at your service to provide appropriate and timely advice in relation to all relevant acts, as well as the contentious area to develop means of defense against any act of abuse by the competent authorities in environmental matters.