Its objective is to report the emissions and transfers of the establishments subject to reporting of federal jurisdiction, such as fixed sources of federal jurisdiction, large generators of hazardous waste, providers of waste management services, those that discharge wastewater to receiving bodies that are national waters and those that generate 25,000 tons or more of Carbon Dioxide Equivalent (tCO₂e) from emissions of Compounds and Greenhouse Gases (CyGEI) from the productive sectors.
The subjects obliged to present the COA before the Ministry of the Environment and Natural Resources are those companies that carry out the following activities:
• When the establishment is a Fixed Source of Federal Jurisdiction in matters of Atmosphere.
• Industries: chemical, hydrocarbons, paints and inks, automotive, cellulose and paper, metallurgy, glass, electricity generation, asbestos, cement and lime, and hazardous waste treatment.
• Companies that have a Unique Environmental License or Operating License granted by SEMARNAT.
• The establishments discharge wastewater into receiving bodies that are national waters: rivers, seas, ravines, etc.
• When the Company generates 10 tons or more of hazardous waste, per year.
• If the company's activity is hazardous waste management services: reuse, collection centers, recycling, co-processing, incineration, treatment, deep injection treatment, treatment of contaminated soils, final disposal facilities and transportation.
• Companies that emit 25,000 or more tCO₂e (tons of CO₂ equivalent) of Greenhouse Gases (GHG), energy, industry, transportation, agriculture, waste, and commerce and services,
In comment on the previous paragraph, they must report the direct and indirect GHG emissions of all your facilities.
By virtue of the foregoing, it is recommended that, in the event that a verification procedure of compliance with the obligations in environmental matters is submitted to or is initiated, it is attended by legal advice, for which the BRIFFAULT ABOGADOS, SC team is places at your service to provide appropriate and timely advice in relation to all relevant acts, as well as the Contentious Area to develop means of defense against any act of abuse by the competent authorities in environmental matters.